Announcing your marriage is one thing, but actually being able to organize it in a successful manner is a whole different beast! People often have no trouble getting engaged and announcing the date they are going to finally get married officially with a ceremony, but face some substantial problems in making ends meet in the following weeks or months.For all those having trouble with planning their ceremonies correctly, here are some helpful tips worth checking out:
- Choose Your Style – Discuss with your partner to decide the style of wedding you are going to have and how fancy you would like it to be. Depending on both of your preferences, the theme of the wedding can vary a lot, ranging from a simple ceremony attended by a select few guests to a more traditional wedding where you will invite quite a lot of friends and relative from both sides.
- Decide the Components – A traditional wedding will be in carried out in several segments, including doing the opening, readings, the vows and the ceremony of the rings. Keep in mind that you are free to exclude almost all segments which you do not consider to be worthwhile. The only section that a wedding is legally required to have is the expression of intent, which should always be carried out regardless of your chosen civil marriage celebrant.
- Keep The Guest List Manageable – It is very easy to go overboard when making up your guest list, which means that you might end up inviting quite a lot of people to attend your wedding. While this is by no means a bad thing, it can become a problem if you are unable to cater to all of them properly, either due to venue or budget restrictions. Therefore, you will have to always take these factors under consideration when choosing whom you really want to invite to see you getting married.
- Choose a celebrant – As you may already know, your chosen celebrant will differ according to the type of wedding you are going to have. Nowadays, it is even possible to find an LGBTI celebrant if you are willing to search for a while, so never give up on your marriage dreams!
- Hire a Photographer – You will most likely want to get some photos of this memorable event, something that is easily taken care of by hiring a good professional photographer. It is recommended to start searching as early as possible, otherwise, most photographers will become already booked and won’t be able to attend your wedding.
- Select Food and Catering – Some venues will offer catering services of their own, which will save you time that would otherwise be spent looking out for a separate service. Also remember to choose your cake in advance, preferably sample tasting it with your partner to ensure that it is baked according to your needs.